Saturday 8 September 2012

My 1st hand pieced block

This block for my Morrell quilt is the first hand piecing I have ever done (I did machine the borders on). I think the most difficult part was pressing the darn thing!

Sarah Morrell quilt

Now I 'm selecting fabrics for another block to hand piece. I'm feeling as though I have used a lot of different fabrics in this quilt and I hope they all somehow come together when it is finished.

Sarah Morrell quilt

Here are some more Morrell blocks that I prepared earlier...


Sarah Morrell quilt

Sarah Morrell quilt

Sarah Morrell quilt

Sarah Morrell quilt

Sarah Morrell quilt

I have also done some more on the 12 Days of Christmas quilt. Finished the machine applique and embroidery for the Seven Swans are Swimming. A nice happy yellow sun that we would like to see more of here in Melbourne.

12 Days of Christmas quilt

Cute swim ring on number 5...

12 Days of Christmas quilt

These ladies are now ready for their hand embroidery to be finished on the bus.


12 Days of Christmas quilt

I've also done some fabric shopping at my local shop (Kaye's Needles & Pins), these could be used for the Chester County Criswell and/or Morrell quilts. Yummy...


Cheers
Carole



3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, these are very nice blocks!! Love your fabrics and style! I am at the quilting phase of my next quilt and I so wish I could be spending the time doing some appliqué and hand piecing...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, These are beutiful designs. The first one reminds me a lot of my favourite Amish crib quilt. They are really an inspiration Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blocks and love your fabric choices too...very nice!

    ReplyDelete