Sunday 28 June 2015

June update

I have finished the couple of small goals I set myself for this month's A Lovely Year of Finishes. I have finished the last two blocks for Gossip in the Garden - yay! This included the applique border for the jug of flowers block...


Gossip in the Garden Part 6

...and finishing the last Dresden block.



I have started to sew all of the blocks together. This is no easy feat because it's like a giant jigsaw puzzle.



Now, I wonder where I have put the last instalment of this BOM which is the tumbler block border and the fabrics...they have to be in my sewing room somewhere!

I also finished block #7 of my Value Proposition Quilt. Karen has recently posted about her finished quilt top here - so inspiring. 



I was also very excited to get my Antique Wedding Sampler back from Katrina who has a done an absolutely superb job on the quilting. As I took it into Kaye's to choose some binding, guess what was hanging there...




Di Ford's original quilt, how fortuitous! 
Here are pics of some of my quilted blocks.














Lots of curls and swirls, I'm just thrilled with how Katrina has quilted it. I still need to put on a sleeve and bind it but I was able to take it along to this month's Warrandtye chapter TAG meeting for show and tell.

Heather's lovely lilac applique sampler
Olga's cute and colourful child's quilt

Veronique's latest design 'Vases de Fleurs' (pattern available)
 It was just a small group this month (perhaps people are hibernating for the Winter?) but enough to share a chocolate cake for our first birthday. 



Happy Birthday to us!
(btw the quilts in the background are by Michelle Yeo)

And what happens when one or two quilts come to a finish? Well one or two quilts get started of course.

Yoko Saito's 'Vases of Flowers' April block

Preparing the May block
Japanese taupes - yum! I'll keep you guessing on what I have pulled these fabrics for...


Another busy month there's even been a G'nT Sisters weekend (more on that soon).
And finally here is a photo of our finished kitchen that I have been promising but kept forgetting to share. 



As you can see it's great for letting in fresh air and sunshine, well worth the wait.
Cheers
Carole

16 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is GORGEOUS! I've been waiting to see it for the longest! Love all your blocks and projects! I sold my finished Gossip top for almost nothing...sigh. If only my dogs would stay healthy. Yours looks amazing! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wedding Sampler quilt is Beautiful! All your projects are lovely. Enjoy the new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh.... that sampler quilt is amazing. so much work on the piecing and then that gorgeous quilting. i bet you just love it, I sure do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know the saying - The quilting Makes the Quilt? Well that certainly applies to your beautiful Sampler Quilt. You must be loving it, with all that gorgeous quilting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt blocks are beautiful. The quilting compliments it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful group of projects you have going! The quilting on your Di Fird quilt is so amazing-- a lovely finish. You must be enjoying your new kitchen with all that light and space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your AWS looks amazing. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck putting Gossip together.........your quilt is gorgeous and yes she has done a great job on the quilting...........enjoy binding..........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your AWS, it's stunning, I recognise its of those fabrics! Curious to see what you are going to do with all those fabrics you have pulled...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous AWS quilt and a wonderful kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your AWS quilt was spectacular before it was quilted but the quilting really brings it to life. It is an absolute stunner! It is interesting to see it being held up. I had imagined that it was a larger quilt but I LOVE this size.

    Thanks for the lovely show of other projects. Each and every one makes me want to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your kitchen! So jealous.:) And your quilt finished up amazing! Love seeing the start of the taupe project. The fabrics are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowser! Lots of wonderful pics and inspiration. Love your finished kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's your antique wedding sampler become brilliant!
    Even better that the original.
    Now finish the binding. Then he's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kitchen really turned out great. Love the Antique Wedding Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your AWS. The colors are fantastic! The quilting really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete